On the official first day of winter embrace your inner AND outer hygge – the art of coziness! Though it’s the season of “silent nights” we rarely get them during this busy time of the year. Try something new this year and carve out one quiet night. Bring along your loved ones (or use this as a reason to get away from them, hey I’m not judging) and come welcome in the return of LIGHT. Though the Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year, it also provides us with a wonderful gift – from here on out the nights get shorter and the days get longer.
Our Hygge Requirements:
- Wear your favorite big warm sweater or thick cozy socks. Being cold is the quickest way to kill a hygge vibe!
- Light candles – check! I’ll take care of that one.
- Enjoy a warm beverage – exactly, exactly. Tea anyone?
- Take a break – cultivate that inner feeling of hygge: presence (a perfect time to silence the phone and computer); comfort (away from the harsh office lights & general business of this season); gratitude (we’ll spend some time remembering what we’re grateful for).
- Togetherness – bring a friend or meet some new ones. Limited to 10 lovely souls, we’ll sit in a circle shrouded by candlelight, we’ll sip tea from tiny cups, we’ll learn, we’ll laugh, we’ll breathe, we’ll feel connected.